Key Lime Smoothie
A delicious and refreshing keto avocado smoothie, made with fresh lime juice and a splash of coconut milk, with avocado and spinach to give it a power punch. 9 grams net carbs per smoothie
Servings: 1 smoothie
- 60 grams avocado
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 tablespoons lime juice + 1 tablespoon of lime zest, if desired
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit sweetener
- 20 grams whey protein isolate
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
Add all ingredients to a blender, and process until smooth and creamy.
Pour smoothie into a glass, and garnish with whipped cream, "graham cracker" crumbs, and more lime zest, if desired. See notes below on garnishes.
Net Carbs: 14 grams total carbs - 5 grams of fiber = 9G Net Carbs
Garnish this Smoothie:
Add more Protein: If you are using this as a meal replacement, add 1 scoop (10 grams) of collagen.
Make it a Lemon Meringue Smoothie: Use lemon juice in place of the lime in this smoothie - it will have a green appearance but will taste lemony-fresh!
- Whipped Topping: To give this a real "pie" experience, I used whipped cream. I make this by whipping pastured heavy whipping cream until stiff. I don't sweeten it, but you can add 1-2 teaspoons of monk fruit sweetener if you'd like.
- "Graham Cracker" Crumbs: I used 1 teaspoon of almond flour combined with a pinch of cinnamon to give it a crumble looking topping. It doesn't really taste like graham cracker but is more for presentation! Use just a sprinkle of cinnamon to keep it simple.
- Lime Slice & Lime Zest: Adding these adds a great pop of lime flavor to your smoothie experience!
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 695mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2977IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 4mg