Asian Chicken Salad
A crunchy cabbage salad with sweet marinated chicken, toasted almonds, and a craveable low-carb sweet and spicy dressing! The best salad for meal prep or lunches. 4 NET CARBS PER SERVING
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 cups cabbage finely shredded
- 2 cups purple cabbage finely shredded
- 1 carrot peeled and julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 recipe Marinated Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
- cilantro optional, to garnish
Asian Cabbage Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar unsweetened
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener or erythritol
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha or finely chopped red chilis
Prepare chicken breasts as in the recipe instructions here.
Add all dressing ingredients to a jar, and shake to combine.
Combine the cabbage, carrots, and peppers in a large salad bowl, and pour dressing over the mixture. Toss to evenly coat vegetables.
Top salad with grilled chicken, toasted almonds, sesame seeds and cilantro, if desired.
*This recipe contains 10% carbohydrates, 38% protein, and 52% fats.
To increase the fat in this recipe, try:
- Add slices of avocado.
- Drizzle an extra teaspoon or two of avocado or sesame oil on top.
- Sub chicken thighs for the chicken breasts.
- Enjoy a fat bomb as a dessert after your lunch!
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 634mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1815IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg