Keto Breakfast Salads
Building a keto breakfast salad is a nutritious way to start the day. Choose your favorite greens, proteins, and fats, and top it off with a simple vinaigrette.
Servings: 1 salad
- 2 cups greens arugula, kale, spinach, power greens
- 1/2 cup vegetables mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, zucchini
- 1/4 cup berries raspberries, strawberries, blackberries
- 2 tablespoons nuts or seeds pecans, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- 1-2 eggs prepared any way
- 2 slices bacon or use sausage or leftover meats
All Purpose Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients for dressing to a jar and shake well. Use about 1 tablespoon per salad.
Start building a breakfast salad by choosing any type of greens.
Add veggies to the salad. Veggies can be sauteed or added raw.
Add optional berries to the salad.
Choose healthy fats, such as avocado, nuts or seeds.
If choosing to add bacon or sausage, cook to package directions.
Top salads with an egg prepared any way.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 193mg | Sodium: 375mg | Potassium: 285mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1146IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg