Keto Chocolate Avocado Pudding
A delicious and rich chocolate pudding made with a base of ripe avocados. This easy recipe includes 5 ingredients and goes together in minutes. Top with raspberries, coconut, nuts, or shaved unsweetened chocolate for a great snack or dessert. 4 NET CARBS PER SERVING
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 avocados large (or 4 medium avocados)
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener or sweetener of choice (up to 2/3 cup for a sweeter pudding)
- 1/2 cup almond milk or more, to thin to preferred thickness
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Cut the avocados, and scrape the flesh into a food processor bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, and process until very smooth. With some food processors, you'll need to stop and scrape the sides down until all the avocados have been processed into a creamy texture.
Add additional sweetener or almond milk, to taste. The amount of sweetener called for makes a very lightly sweetened pudding, so feel free to add an additional 2-4 tablespoons.
Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days refrigerated.
Can I make Keto Avocado Chocolate Pudding with heavy cream?
Yes, go ahead and substitute the almond milk for heavy whipping cream, if that's what you have on hand and prefer. However, this pudding is already very rich and thick, so the almond milk keeps it a little lighter. I prefer to whip the cream and add a dollop on top.
Is this Keto Avocado Chocolate Pudding vegan?
Yes, this recipe is vegan as written. Be sure to use a coconut whipped topping if choosing to add cream to the top.
Can I use coconut milk in Keto Avocado Chocolate Pudding?
I don't recommend using coconut milk in place of the almond milk for 2 reasons. First, the pudding is rich enough without adding the additional richness of coconut milk. In addition, coconut milk sours a lot faster than almond milk, meaning this pudding will need to be eaten very quickly so it doesn't go bad.
Variations on Chocolate Avocado Pudding:
- ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener (pretty much the only keto sweetener I use -- it by far has the most natural flavor. Order it directly from their site for the best price & use coupon code BLISSFULLYLOWCARB for 20% off your first order!).
- Add almond extract to give this a delicious nutty flavor.
- Use a combination of cold brew coffee and heavy cream in place of the almond milk (half and half) to make this a mocha avocado pudding.
- Use any non dairy milk in place of the almond milk. Soy milk, cashew milk, and coconut milk beverage will not significantly change the net carb count in this healthy dessert.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg