Delicious and crispy cauliflower fritters — a high fat and low carb version of hash browns! This healthy keto cauliflower recipe is easy to make and a quick meal any time of the day. Add an egg, or bacon and sausage, for a balanced keto meal.
A Healthy Keto Breakfast Recipe
These cauliflower fritters are by far the most frequently made low carb meal in my kitchen. They always hit the spot, and are super easy to make.
Even all by themselves, they make a fairly balanced meal, with 6 grams of net carbs, 4 grams of fiber, and 12 grams of protein. To make it a better balanced meal, add an egg, some bacon, or some sausage, to up the protein a bit.
I love this recipe because it’s so easy to prepare. Making cauliflower rice is a weekly meal prep staple of mine, so I just take the prechopped rice, and mix it together with a few ingredients. This recipe makes 3 servings, so I cook up a serving for myself, and the just refrigerate the “batter” for quick meals when I really need something. I even make these as snacks when I just need something in the afternoons – the salty, crunchy texture is great for replacing chip habits!
Ingredients in Keto Cauliflower Fritters
- Cauliflower rice (I prefer to prep this fresh – I promise it’s quick!).
- Sharp cheddar cheese (this is optional – they are great without it!).
- Almond flour (I’ve also made them with ground flax – use half the amount).
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Cauliflower Fritters
- Prepare the cauliflower rice. I have never made these with frozen cauliflower rice, so be sure to drop me a comment if you do and it works well! Prepping cauliflower rice takes about 5 minutes with a food processor, and I always think fresh is best.
- Add cauliflower rice, eggs, cheese, almond flour, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl, and combine well.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat, and add in avocado oil. When the skillet is hot, scoop cauliflower “batter” into the pan. I pack a 1/4 cup measuring cup, and then I know 3 patties is a serving. Use a fork to flatten out the mounds into thinner patties. Cover the skillet for 6-8 minutes while the first side browns.
- Remove the cover to the skillet, and flip the patties. Allow the other sides 5-6 minutes to brown.
- Leftover cauliflower “batter” can be refrigerated for 3-4 days if you only need 1 serving of these at a time. I love having it prepped and ready to just throw in a pan when needed!
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese optional
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or more, to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mixing well to form a batter. The cheese is an optional ingredient, and these patties cook great even without it.
- Add avocado oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pack the cauliflower fritter batter into, and then place on the skillet. Use a fork to press down each mound of cauliflower into a patty shape. I like mine on the thinner side so they get more crispy.
- Fry the patties on each side until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes per side. Reduce heat if they are browning too quickly.
- Serve immediately. If you choose to only cook 1 serving at a time, the leftover batter can be refrigerated in an air tight container for 3-4 days, and cooked when you're ready for a quick meal.