The ultimate spring dessert, remade low carb! These Keto Carrot Cake Cupcakes have the perfect moist and fluffy texture, with a sweet and warmly spiced flavor. No one will miss the sugar! Perfect topped with Keto Cream Cheese Frosting.
3 Grams of Net Carbs per cupcake
Perfectly Moist Keto Cupcakes for Spring!
Having some fun treats on a low carb diet makes it more sustainable! Using nutritious ingredients, keto desserts can help fill in the gaps with additional healthy fats.
Carrot cake is my favorite cake, so it’s one I knew I had to remake, low carb style.
These Keto Carrot Cake Cupcakes belong on your spring bucket list. A tender almond flour cupcake, with shredded carrots, warm spices, and crunchy nuts for texture. Add coconut (or even raisins!), if desired. These are the real thing!
The whole family will enjoy sugar free carrot cake cupcakes. You don’t have to be on a keto diet to appreciate healthier desserts that help keep blood sugar levels stable! My 7 year old is on a gluten free diet, and these work perfectly for his needs.
This recipe has no sugar alcohols, so it’s safe for all.
Carrot cake isn’t complete without a creamy topping! Try this sugar free cream cheese frosting and a sprinkling of chopped nuts on top.
Nut allergy? Search for a carrot cake cupcake made with coconut flour, or try swapping almond flour for sunflower seed flour.
What You’ll Need
- Fine blanched Almond Flour (Almond meal will make a more-dense cake.)
- Ground Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, and freshly grated Nutmeg
- Baking Soda and Sea Salt
- Pastured Eggs (grass-fed for best nutrition)
- Coconut Oil (avocado oil or olive oil will work)
- Keto Maple Syrup (add 1-3 tablespoons of additional granular sweetener if you prefer a sweeter cake. This cake is lightly sweet, because I know the frosting will sweeten it up! 1/3 cup of coconut sugar works for higher carb needs.).
- Finely Grated Carrots (I shred carrots quickly using my food processor. Buy pre-shredded carrots to save time.)
- Chopped Walnuts (or pecans)
- Coconut or Raisins (optional – raisins add carbs but are okay for higher carb needs!)
- Keto Cream Cheese Frosting (made with 4 ingredients – full fat cream cheese, grass-fed butter, powdered monk fruit sweetener and vanilla).
How to Serve Low Carb Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Frosting with sugar-free Cream Cheese Frosting: The most classic carrot cake topping, this keto-friendly version makes the perfect cupcake topper! Prepare beforehand by having the cream cheese and butter at room temperature prior to whipping up the frosting.
Topped with Whipped Cream: Whip together heavy cream, a little bit of your favorite sweetener, and 1-2 tablespoons of vanilla extract. Add dollops to each cupcake to serve!
Coconut Whipped Cream or Frosting: Make a quick dairy free icing with coconut cream and powdered sweetener. Perfect for anyone on a dairy free keto diet! This makes the perfect dairy free carrot cake cupcake.
Add More Great Spice Flavor: Can get enough cinnamon? I am a fan too! Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and ginger, and some freshly grated nutmeg to your frosting recipe.
How to Make Keto Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Step 1: Preheat oven to 325º F. Line a muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners, and set aside.
Step 2: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, spices, sea salt, and baking soda. Combine well.
Step 3: Add the eggs, coconut oil, and keto maple syrup to a large bowl, and whisk to combine. Use a hand mixer, if desired.
Step 4: Add the almond flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix together until no dry mixture remains.
Step 5: Add finely grated carrots and walnuts, and fold to evenly disperse the ingredients into the batter.
Step 6: Divide the batter between 12 cupcake liners (which will fill each almost full). Bake the cupcakes for 22-24 minutes, until the centers are fully baked.
Step 7: Place cupcakes on a cooling rack. After the carrot cake cupcakes have fully cooled, use a piping bag to top with cream cheese frosting.
Step 8: Garnish with walnuts, pecans, or coconut, if desired.
FAQ and How to Store Leftover Keto Carrot Cake Cupcakes
How to Store Leftover Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Once the cream cheese frosting has set, wrap the cupcakes in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
Can I freeze Keto Carrot Cake Cupcakes?
Yes! After the cream cheese frosting has set, wrap the cupcakes in plastic wrap and then place it in an airtight container. Freeze cupcakes for up to 3 months.
I like to take cupcakes out of the freezer to enjoy one at a time, when the craving strikes!
Make Keto Carrot Cake Muffins
This cupcake recipe is slightly-sweet, and is easily transformed into a keto carrot cake muffin. Simple leave off the frosting, or if you want to get fancy, use the pecan streusel topping on my Basic Keto Muffins recipe.
Other Keto Cake Recipes
Keto Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- muffin tin
- Parchment Paper Liners or cupcake liners
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour blanched
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup keto maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted, or sub olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups carrots finely shredded
- 1/2 cup walnuts optional, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, spices, sea salt, and baking soda. Combine well.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, and keto maple syrup to a large mixing bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix together until no dry mixture remains.
- Add finely shredded carrots and walnuts, and fold to evenly disperse the ingredients into the batter.
- Divide the batter between 12 cupcakes, filling each almost full. Bake the cupcakes for 22-25 minutes, until the centers are fully baked.
- Allow to fully cool prior to frosting. Garnish with chopped nuts or toasted coconut, if desired.