A delicious Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe, perfect for breakfast, snacks, or special occasion dinner side dishes! Your family will dive for the veggie plate when they see these. It’s quick and easy to make bacon wrapped asparagus in an air fryer, but also see directions for baking it in the oven!
Make Perfect Asparagus in an Air Fryer!
I use my air fryer all the time! It’s so convenient to pull out, heat up, use, and clean up. It’s faster than using an oven, and cooks more evenly with less attention than the stove top.
Bacon wrapped asparagus is such an easy and delicious treat! It’s a perfect breakfast meal, high in protein and healthy fats.
I also keep leftover Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the fridge for snacks! Sometimes I eat it cold, but it’s easy to pop back in the air fryer to reheat.
It’s an awesome option for anyone following a low carb or keto diet, but also for anyone who just really loves bacon, or those looking to find healthier alternatives to their favorite salty snacks!
What Air Fryer Should I Buy?
For Small Families: I use a 4 qt Ninja Air Fryer, and it’s perfect for my small family. We typically make meals for 1-2 people in it.
For Larger Families or Meal Prep: This is a very popular large Air Fryer with a square basket, meaning you can cook more food. This is more suitable for a family of 4 or if you routinely use your air fryer for meal prep.
What You’ll Need:
- Fresh Asparagus
- Nitrite/Nitrate Free Bacon (I get mine with my ButcherBox!) – a thinner bacon works best for these!
- Avocado Oil (or olive oil – both are healthy options for the lower heat these are cooked at).
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder (optional)
What Kind of Bacon Should I use?
Any kind of bacon you love will work for this recipe.
However, if you like your bacon crispy, a thinner bacon will work best. I do not recommend using thin sliced bacon, but a standard thickness. If you choose to use thinly sliced bacon, check it after 6 minutes to keep it from burning.
For health reasons, I always buy sugar free nitrate and nitrite free bacon. These are widely available at grocery stores and health food stores now.
Nitrates and nitrites are chemicals added to bacon and other processed meats as a preservative. They have been linked to heart disease and an increased risk of diabetes.
If you are a bacon lover, don’t worry! There are plenty of healthy options on the market. I get mine in my monthly meat deliveries from ButcherBox.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in an Air Fryer
Step 1: Wash asparagus and trim the ends off each piece. Drizzle or spray the asparagus with avocado oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Grab bundles of 3 asparagus spears, and wrap them each with a slice of bacon. The bacon holds together well when it’s pulled tight.
Step 3: Preheat an air fryer at 375º F for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add the bundles to the air fryer basket, being sure not to overcrowd. Air fry the bacon wrapped asparagus bundles for 8 minutes.
If you like your bacon more crispy, you can first cook the bacon in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes. Once it cools a little, wrap the bacon around the bundles of asparagus. This will result in crispier bacon without overcooking the asparagus.
How to Store Leftovers
Chances are, leftovers will be slim to none unless you plan for them!
Refrigerate leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
To Reheat: Preheat air fryer to 375º F and air fry for 5 minutes to re-crisp the bacon. Alternatively, add these to a skillet over medium heat and warm up for about 5 minutes per side.
Other Low Carb / Keto Friendly Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound asparagus cleaned and ends trimmed
- 1 pound bacon about 10 slices
- avocado oil spray or use a brush
- Kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat Air Fryer on 370º-375º F for 5 minutes.
- Spray, brush, or drizzle oil on cleaned and trimmed asparagus. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take 3 pieces of asparagus, and make a bundle. Take a piece of bacon and wrap it around the center and up the bundle.
- Add bacon wrapped asparagus to the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes. See notes about using thin cut or thick cut asparagus.
- A thinner bacon will work best (a “regular” thickness)
- Thin Sliced Bacon: Check it after 6 minutes to keep it from burning.
- For thick sliced bacon: It will not get crispy, but if you like your bacon thick and less-crisp, it will work. You can cook it in the air fryer on it’s own for 3 minutes prior to wrapping the asparagus bundles to make it more crisp/well done, if desired.