It’s easy and efficient to cook bacon in an air fryer! Read about what temperature to cook bacon at in an air fryer, and see how perfectly crisp it gets. No more waiting for your bacon to cook while your eggs are getting cold!
Can You Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer?
This is such a simple life hack! Bacon cooks to crisp perfection in an air fryer.
If you’re like me – and hate seeing your eggs get cold while bacon slowly fries on your cooktop, you’ll love this air fryer trick.
The best tips I can offer on cooking bacon in an air fryer are:
- It doesn’t take long! 7-9 minutes, depending on how crispy you like it!
- Make extra! It stays crispy and you can throw it on your keto sandwich or on top of your cauliflower soup later.
How to Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer
Step 1: Preheat your air fryer to 350º F for 5 minutes.
Add bacon into your air fryer pan, just as you would in a frying pan. Place the pieces of bacon side by side, not overlapping. If you need to make more than 5 slices. you can use the layer attachment for your air fryer and cook it in 2 layers.
Step 2: Add the bacon into the air fryer, and cook for 7-9 minutes, depending on if you like your bacon extra crisp or softer.
What Air Fryer Should I Buy?
I am typically cooking for 1-2 people, so I have a small 4 qt Ninja Air Fryer. It’s perfect for my small family.
If you’re usually cooking for a crowd, Ninja also makes a larger 5.5 qt air fryer.
What Type of Bacon to Use for Air Fryer Bacon
The bacon shown above is the regular thickness of bacon sold with most brands.
Thin Cut Bacon: Some brands of bacon are cut very thinly. This will reduce the time it needs to cook to about 5-6 minutes.
Thick Cut Bacon: Increase cooking time to 7-10 minutes, based on preferred doneness.
Can I Cook Turkey Bacon in an Air Fryer?
Yes, turkey bacon cooks in an air fryer also. It is lower in fat and typically comes in thinner slices. It cooks up crispier than I’ve ever managed to get turkey bacon in a frying pan, but doesn’t take very long!
This turkey bacon was cooked in an air fryer at 390º F for 7 minutes. Adjust the cooking time based on how well done you like your turkey bacon!
How to Prevent Bacon from Smoking
If you’ve tried cooking bacon in your air fryer before and had it smoke, then you left your air fryer on too hot.
Reduce the temperature of your air fryer to 350º F. (most models default to 390º F, which is a great temperature for a lot of foods)
How to Serve Air Fryer Bacon
- Alongside your eggs and avocado (a low-carb fav breakfast of mine!)
- On a Keto Sandwich, BLT style.
- As a crunchy soup topper, like this Keto Cauliflower Soup.
- Topping a Lettuce Wrap Burger
- Crumbled onto your Breakfast Salad
- Snack on it plain 🙂 YUM!
Air Fryer Bacon
- 10 slices bacon
- Preheat air fryer to 350º F to prevent it from smoking or burning.
- Add bacon to the air fryer basket in a single layer. It's okay to use the extra level and split the bacon into two layers to cook more a 1 time. If you cook the bacon in 2 levels, stop the bacon halfway through cooking and swap the layers.
- Air fry bacon for 7-9 minutes, depending on desired doneness. See notes for cooking other types of bacon.