This easy Instant Pot Chicken Thighs recipe will become an instant favorite! It’s easy to make, with ingredients you most likely have on hand. Cajun chicken thighs are full of flavors and perfect for meal prepping. 0 G NET CARBS PER SERVING
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs are an ideal protein source for keto and low carb diets. Higher in fat than chicken breasts, they also have higher amounts of collagen. Including bone-in chicken thighs with the skin is a great option for the keto diet, but having some boneless chicken thigh recipes is a great time saver and makes meal prep a breeze.
This easy Instant Pot Chicken Thighs recipe with cajun seasoning is bursting with flavor, and takes about 10 minutes (or less!) to prep.
Chicken thighs are higher in fat and lower in protein per serving than chicken breasts, meaning it’s easy to create a perfect balanced keto meal. Try serving this recipe over cauliflower rice with avocado. Add a few cherry tomatoes and greens, such as arugula and cabbage, and drizzling an olive oil based dressing over the veggies, and a delicious low carb meal is created!
Ingredients in Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs. I recommend buying organic or pastured chickens for the highest nutritional content. I buy my chicken (and other meats!) from Butcher Box (affiliate link).
- Avocado oil (the perfect oil for high heat cooking)
- Sea salt
- Garlic (fresh or powder)
- Black Pepper
- Chicken broth or bone broth
How to Cook Chicken Thighs in an Instant Pot
- Heat the Instant Pot on the Saute setting until it’s hot, and then add avocado oil. Add chicken thighs, and allow them to begin to brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is browning, combine the salt and spices together.
- Add the chicken broth (or bone broth), along with the spice mixture, and flip the chicken over a few times to coat in the seasonings.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual mode, and set the time to 6 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done, release the steam valve. Once the IP is done releasing pressure, remove the chicken thighs from the pot.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken thighs. Pour the remaining broth and seasonings into a dish along with the chicken thighs to maximize the flavor.
A Perfect Keto Chicken Thigh Meal
Chicken thighs alone do not make a keto meal! As with a lot of meats, I like to serve these shredded chicken thighs on top of cauliflower rice.
Do not stop there! Keep the party going by adding some shredded cabbage or greens like arugula, some cherry tomatoes, and some sliced avocado.
Nutrition Facts for Keto Chicken Thigh Meal:
- 4 ounces of chicken thighs
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/5 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil vinaigrette
- Total Carbs: 13 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Net Carbs: 6 grams
- Protein: 35 grams
- Fats: 20 grams
- Calories: 361
This meal is 50% fats and 38% protein. If you have higher fat needs, add extra olive oil based dressing, or lower the serving of chicken thighs. You could also add a serving of cheese if you have higher calorie needs.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or bone broth
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat an Instant Pot on the Saute setting. Once it's hot, add the avocado oil, and add the chicken thighs. Allow them to cook about 3 minutes on both sides to begin to brown.
- In a small bowl, combine salt and all the spices.
- Turn the Instant Pot off, and then add the chicken broth and spices. Flip the chicken over a few times to evenly coat in the spices.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual, and set for 7 minutes, with the steam valve closed to build pressure.
- Once the Instant Pot is done, manually release the steam. When the Instant Pot is ready, remove the chicken from the pot, and shred using 2 forks.
- Add the chicken thighs to a serving dish or storage container, and pour the remaining broth and spices into the chicken.
- Serve hot, or refrigerate for up to 3 days. You can also freeze this chicken in air tight containers for up to 3 months for easy reheat protein portions.