These Keto Bread Rolls are perfect for sandwiches, burgers, or simple to enjoy with butter or to soak up sauces. These low carb rolls are made with high fiber psyllium husk and almond flour.
How to Make Keto Bread
These rolls are almost too good to be true. The first time I made them, the soggy dough had me feeling skeptical. Plus – how could these simple, healthy ingredients turn into something resembling bread?
The ingredients in this recipe come together into soft balls of “dough”, and when the water evaporates, it leaves perfectly soft and airy low carb bread rolls, perfect for burgers, making sandwiches, or as a side to a bowl of soup or a salad.
Ingredients in Healthy Keto Bread
- Almond flour
- Psyillium Husk (this is loaded with fiber and is what makes the bread light and airy). This recipe uses whole psyllium husks. If you use powder, the amount used should be reduced.
- Egg whites
- Keto sweetener (I love this Monk Fruit Sweetener) – this is optional. Feel free to omit the sweetener. It just adds a little additional flavor and balances out the salty taste.
- Baking powder & salt
- Optionally, top with sesame seeds or poppy seeds!
Tips for Making Light & Airy Low Carb Bread
When you first put the ingredients together, you won’t believe the ingredients in this recipe are correct!
Watch the video — you’ll see that the liquid ingredients make a very “soupy” mixture when first added.
The fiber in the psyllium husk will begin to absorb and hold the water. Keep stirring until your dough becomes thick. This will take a couple of minutes of stirring, but I promise, it will come together!
The dough will still be sticky when it’s ready to form. Luckily, perfection isn’t necessary here! Split the dough into 6 rolls, and space out on a baking tray. They will rise while baking.
Make this Low Carb Bread your Own
Simply made, these rolls come out perfect. I adore this recipe because I can refrigerate them for a week and they still taste fresh days later.
My favorite way to enjoy them is toasted with avocado and tomato slices. Try them with any of your favorite sandwich fillings!
Add Flavor to your Keto Rolls
- Make an Italian style bread by adding 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning directly into the dough. Garnish with a little sea salt to bring out the flavors.
- Make a sweet breakfast rolls by doubling the keto sweetener, and adding 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. These are great for nut butter and berries.
- Add some texture by adding some chopped nuts and seeds. Try 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts and pumpkin seeds for a “whole grain” texture.
Keto Bread Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add almond flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, sweetener, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add egg whites, vinegar, and boiling water, and begin stirring. The mixture will seem too watery at first, but continue mixing for about 3 minutes. The psyllium husk will absorb the water and the dough will become thick.
- Split the dough into 6 portions, and add in mounds to a baking tray. They do not have to be perfect. The dough will be difficult to roll into balls, but just mounds are okay! Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Test the consistency of 1 roll at 50 minutes, and if the bread seems on the wet side inside, leave them in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool, and store wrapped tight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.
More Keto Bread Recipes:
- Gluten Free Hamburger Buns. by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Keto Bread Recipe, by Cooking LSL
- Keto Coconut Flour Bread, by Sugar Free Mom
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small percentage of the sale, at no additional cost to you. This helps me continue to bring creative and fresh recipes to you every week!