This healthy, low carb and keto friendly Asian Chicken Salad is bursting with fresh flavor! A simple teriyaki style marinated chicken is sliced over a cabbage salad, tossed in a sweet and spicy Asian Cabbage Salad Dressing. Seriously addictive!
The BEST Keto Asian Chicken Salad
This salad is adapted from one that I’ve made for years that is not low carb, the Addictive Asian Cabbage Salad from Sunkissed Kitchen.
It’s just as good (or maybe better!) made with low carb substitutions. If you’re craving a flavorful and filling salad, this one is for you!
Why You’ll Love this Low Carb Asian Chicken Salad
- The dressing is just a few ingredients shaken in a jar, and the result is a flavor explosion! All the things good Asian food is — salty, sweet, sour and spicy.
- Cabbage, carrots, and peppers give this salad the best sweet & crunchy texture!
- An easy 3-ingredient chicken marinade gives the chicken a lightly sweet glaze and tons of flavor, thanks to coconut aminos (soy & gluten free!).
- It’s a low calorie meal, with balanced fat, protein and carb ratios for a keto diet!
Ingredients in this Low Carb Chicken Salad
- Crunchy , fresh cabbage. I use both red and green cabbage because they are beautiful, and also have different nutrients!
- Sweet carrots and red peppers, for even more colors and nutrients. Variety is key when eating a restricted diet like Keto!
- Toasted almonds and sesame seeds – more crunch and healthy fats!
- A flavorful ginger marinated chicken – you’ll use this marinade all the time after trying it!
- A sweet, sour, spicy and absolutely addicting rice wine and sesame oil dressing.
Tips for Using this Low Carb Cabbage Salad for Meal Prep
This is one of my favorite things to make for meal prep. It’s so flavorful, I look forward to eating it meal after meal — I’ve been known to grab a bowl for breakfast (it’s that good!).
It also just gets better after it sits in the dressing for a day or two. The cabbage and carrots soak in the dressing, making it more flavorful
- Store the toasted almonds and sesame seeds, along with cilantro, separately so they don’t get soggy in the salad.
- The cabbage and carrots are great marinated in the dressing, so definitely dress the salad before packing away!
Asian Chicken Salad
- 3 cups cabbage finely shredded
- 2 cups purple cabbage finely shredded
- 1 carrot peeled and julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 recipe Marinated Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
- cilantro optional, to garnish
Asian Cabbage Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar unsweetened
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener or erythritol
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha or finely chopped red chilis
- Prepare chicken breasts as in the recipe instructions here.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar, and shake to combine.
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, and peppers in a large salad bowl, and pour dressing over the mixture. Toss to evenly coat vegetables.
- Top salad with grilled chicken, toasted almonds, sesame seeds and cilantro, if desired.
- Add slices of avocado.
- Drizzle an extra teaspoon or two of avocado or sesame oil on top.
- Sub chicken thighs for the chicken breasts.
- Enjoy a fat bomb as a dessert after your lunch!
Other Low Carb Cabbage Salads
- Crunchy Low Carb Napa Cabbage Salad, by Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Keto Cabbage Salad, by Vikalinka
- Simple Oriental Cabbage Salad, by Wholesome Yum
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. This helps me continue bring you flavorful, healthy low carb recipes to you every week!