A delicious superfood keto smoothie, made with low carb berries. Açaí berries are high in fat and protein and low in carbs, making it the perfect choice for a low carb diet. Try this Keto Acai Smoothie for breakfast or for an energizing afternoon treat. 3 NET CARBS PER SERVING
The Perfect Keto Smoothie
Açaí is the perfect fruit to use for a keto smoothie. They have a pleasantly tart berry flavor, that’s complemented well by other berries and creamy milks like coconut.
- 70 calories
- 5 grams of fat
- 1 gram of protein
- 4 grams of carbohydrates
- 3 grams of protein
- 1 gram of Net Carbs
A low carb or keto diet is often deficient in colorful veggies, since vibrant beets and carrots, and colorful fruit, are high in sugar and carbs. Açaí has concentrated antioxidants, significantly higher than other berries like blueberries and cranberries.
You’ll love this Keto Acai Smoothie because:
- The tart açaí berries are brightened up with a sweet strawberry flavor.
- Creamy almond and coconut milks add healthy fats and a natural sweetness.
- Protein powder gives it a light and fluffy texture and makes this drink a quick meal replacement or satiating snack. I like this grass-fed whey protein isolate that has no additional ingredients and 0 carbs. It gives smoothies the best texture and flavor of any I’ve tried!
- It’s easy to keep frozen Açaí berry puree on hand. It’s available at stores like Whole Foods or your can order is on Amazon. Make sure to buy the puree that is unsweetened! The regular packets are sweetened.
How to Make a Keto Acai Smoothie
Step 1: Add frozen strawberries, a frozen açaí packet, coconut milk, almond milk, protein powder, and optional sweetener to a blender.
Step 2: Process the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Taste, and adjust sweetness or thickness with more sweetener or almond milk, as desired.
Tips & Substitutions for YOUR Perfect Smoothie
We all have different nutritional needs. Not all of us on a keto diet need a smoothie this low in carbs, and some of us hate coconut milk! (whaa?! I don’t understand that one).
Mix up the Fruit: Sub 1/2 cup of frozen blackberries or raspberries for the strawberries, if desired. You can also use 1/2 cup of blueberries, but this will increase the carbs 7 net carbs per serving.
Hate coconut milk? You can sub all almond milk, but the smoothie will be very low in fat. If you need the fats in your diet, add 1 tablespoon of almond or sunflower seed butter, or use 2-3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream in it’s place.
Make this Nut-Free: If you avoid or cannot have nuts, use an additional 1/4 cup of coconut milk + 1/3 cup water in place of the almond milk, or sub soy milk if you use that in your diet.
Add healthy fats: If you need a smoothie higher in fats, add heavy whipping cream, nut butter, or half an avocado into the smoothie.
Other Healthy Keto Breakfasts & Snacks
Keto Açaí Smoothie
- 1 Acai berry pack *no sugar added
- 1/2 cup strawberries frozen
- 2/3 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 20 grams whey protein unflavored/unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit sweetener optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately.