A delicious Keto Avocado Chocolate pudding, made with just 5 simple ingredients. This healthy keto avocado pudding is high in fiber and fully of rich chocolatey flavor! We love this topped with raspberries and a touch of whipped cream.
The Best Keto Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Meet my new favorite keto snack or dessert. If it’s base is a fruit, can we also call this a meal?
Avocados are a great addition to a keto diet. Not only are they chocked full of healthy fats, they also have a lot of fiber, which is sometimes difficult to add into a low carb diet.
Ripe avocados cream into a wonderful smooth texture, and with the addition of cocoa powder, almond milk, and some keto sweetener, a delicious, magical chocolate pudding is formed.
I highly recommend topping this with a little whipped cream and some raspberries! I also love pecans and coconut added on top to give it some texture.
Avocado Pudding Keto Ingredients
- Avocados (oh yes! Lots of them. You can even use your overripe, starting-to-brown avocados here!).
- Cocoa powder (Spring for the good stuff. You won’t regret it.)
- Almond milk (to thin to desired texture).
- ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener (pretty much the only keto sweetener I use — it by far has the most natural flavor. Grab it on Amazon or ask for it at your local Whole Foods (Mid West States carry it)).
That’s it! Bookmark this recipe or SAVE it on Pinterest so the next time you have an abundance of avocados, you’re sure to remember to try it! The rest of the ingredients are ones you most likely will always have on hand.
Variations on Keto Avocado Pudding
Can I make Keto Avocado Chocolate Pudding with heavy cream?
Yes, go ahead and substitute the almond milk for heavy whipping cream, if that’s what you have on hand and prefer. However, this pudding is already very rich and thick, so the almond milk keeps it a little lighter. I prefer to whip the cream and add a dollop on top.
Is this Keto Avocado Chocolate Pudding vegan?
Yes, this recipe is vegan as written. Be sure to use a coconut whipped topping if choosing to add cream to the top.
Can I use coconut milk in Keto Avocado Chocolate Pudding?
I don’t recommend using coconut milk in place of the almond milk for 2 reasons. First, the pudding is rich enough without adding the additional richness of coconut milk. In addition, coconut milk sours a lot faster than almond milk, meaning this pudding will need to be eaten very quickly so it doesn’t go bad.
Variations on Chocolate Avocado Pudding:
- Add almond extract to give this a delicious nutty flavor.
- Use a combination of cold brew coffee and heavy cream in place of the almond milk (half and half) to make this a mocha avocado pudding.
- Use any non dairy milk in place of the almond milk. Soy milk, cashew milk, and coconut milk beverage will not significantly change the net carb count in this healthy dessert.
Topping Ideas for this Easy Keto Pudding
- Berries are a great addition to this pudding — raspberries, sliced strawberries, blackberries or blueberries are delicious.
- A spoonful of almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- Unsweetened coconut flakes or coconut chips
- Shaved unsweetened chocolate or keto chocolate bars
- A crumbled Keto Coconut Macaroon
- Whipped cream or coconut whipped cream (made with powdered ZenSweet or unsweetened).
Keto Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 3 avocados large (or 4 medium avocados)
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener or sweetener of choice (up to 2/3 cup for a sweeter pudding)
- 1/2 cup almond milk or more, to thin to preferred thickness
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cut the avocados, and scrape the flesh into a food processor bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, and process until very smooth. With some food processors, you'll need to stop and scrape the sides down until all the avocados have been processed into a creamy texture.
- Add additional sweetener or almond milk, to taste. The amount of sweetener called for makes a very lightly sweetened pudding, so feel free to add an additional 2-4 tablespoons.
- Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days refrigerated.