These Keto Salmon Patties are easy to make, bursting with flavor, and great for meal prep! Baked salmon is mixed with zucchini, lime and jalapeno, and then lightly breaded in almond flour and fried. These low carb salmon patties are a must try!
How to Make Keto Salmon Patties
This recipe has been on repeat at my house! We adore baked salmon, but I have to admit, this is the way we now prepare our salmon 90% of the time.
Salmon patties are a great way to use up leftover baked or grilled salmon. In fact, a large party at our house this summer left me with a giant portion of leftover salmon, which is how this recipe was born.
I am not a fan of leftovers! Not wanting expensive wild salmon to go to waste, I decided to make a light and healthy version of salmon patties by using shredded zucchini. To keep these bright and fresh tasting, I added lots of fresh lime juice, and some jalapeno to add a touch of heat. Absolutely incredible! I know you will love these.
Ingredients in Crispy Keto Salmon Patties
- Baked or grilled salmon
- Zucchini, shredded
- Lime Juice
- Almond flour (this makes the easiest and tastiest coating!)
- Avocado oil or olive oil for frying (avocado oil is better for high heats).
And if you’re looking for the BEST way to top these, check out my Avocado Jicama Salsa (it turns these into the best meal!).
Make it a Keto Salmon Dinner
Salmon is an ideal food for low carb dieters. It is naturally high in healthy fats, meaning lower in protein.
These salmon patties make a delicious meal all on their own, or topped with a simple guacamole or avocado salsa.
When we made these, I made a chunky avocado salsa with jicama. Combined, it was a very satisfying meal, high in healthy fats, and very low in carbs.
Another great pairing for this recipe is a simple side salad, or even cauliflower fritters.
Be sure to share on social media if you make this recipe! #BlissfullyLowCarb, and tag @BlissfullyLowCarb on Facebook or Instagram!
Keto Salmon Patties
- Add the salmon, zucchini, eggs, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and salt to a blender, and process until everything is mixed together well.
- Form patties about 1/4 cup in size.
- Add almond flour to a bowl, and gently coat both sides of the patties in almond flour.
- Head avocado oil in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Add coated salmon patties into the hot oil, and fry for about 5 minutes on both sides, until golden in color. If they are cooking too quickly, turn the heat down. If they aren't browning well, turn the heat up.
- Remove browned salmon patties from the skillet and set on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Serve immediately. These also store well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or frozen wrapped air tight for up to 3 months. Bake at 425º F for 15-20 minutes to reheat and serve (they are also delicious cold!).