Try these easy Keto Sandwiches, perfect for any meal of the day! Having Keto Bread on hand makes it easy to build a healthy, low carb sandwich. Try an Almond Butter & Berry, a Cheese & Veggie, or an Egg Salad Sandwich.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.
Building a Keto Sandwich
If a low carb or keto diet has you missing the ease of making a sandwich, here are some great ideas for you!
I adore having these Keto Bread Rolls on hand to make quick, healthy meals. They are made with almond flour and psyllium husk, so they are not only low carb, but full of fiber and healthy fats.
To build a keto sandwich, first decide on the healthy fat sources!
Healthy Fats for Sandwiches:
- Avocado oil mayonnaise
- Nut Butter (sunflower seed butter, almond butter, or a keto-specific butter like Nuttzo Keto Butter).
- Meats, such as chicken thighs, salami, or ham
Then, layer on some veggies or low carb berries and enjoy a delicious sandwich!
Or, try one of the following ideas!
Keto Cheese and Veggie Sandwich
This sandwich is made by layering cheddar cheese with low carb veggies and avocado!
Cheese and veggies has always been my favorite non-keto sandwich, so this is where I started when making sandwiches with my healthy almond flour bread.
- Lettuce, spinach or other greens, like arugula
- Low carb veggies, like pickles, tomatoes and cucumbers
- Avocado (always!)
- Cheddar cheese (or your favorite!)
- Low carb condiments, like yellow mustard or dijon, and avocado oil mayonnaise.
Almond Butter & Berry Sandwich
If you’re looking for a really quick snack or breakfast option, this AB&J is for you! Of course, it’s made with fresh fruit, and no jam. If you use a low carb jam, of course you can sub that!
This sandwich can be made with:
- Nut Butters – the lowest carb options are pecan and macadamia nut butters, but almond butter and sunflower butters aren’t far behind if you stick to a 1-2 tablespoon serving.
- Berries – strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are the lowest carb fruits. Blueberries are keto friendly in small amounts, so beware of total carb count if you use blueberries.
Keto Egg Salad Sandwich
A favorite lunch, these keto egg salad sandwich is easy to make. Add some veggies to this sandwich to make it more of a full meal.
On this Sandwich, Add:
- Egg salad, which is made by smashing hard boiled eggs with a fork, and then adding 1-2 tablespoons of avocado oil mayonnaise, and seasoning it with salt and pepper. Add a drop or two of hot sauce if you like a bit of spice!
- Lettuce, tomatoes, and even pickles or cucumber slices are great low carb veggies to bulk up this meal.
- Feeling a bit crazy? Or need an extra protein boost? Add a slice or two of bacon, or some avocado slices as well.
3 Keto Sandwich Ideas
Cheese and Vegetable
- 1 keto bread roll
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 pickle sliced
Almond Butter and Strawberry
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 strawberry or 2 small strawberries, sliced
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 tablespoon avocado mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 slice tomato
- For the egg salad sandwich, add the hard boiled egg to a bowl, and mash with a fork. Add avocado mayonnaise, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add all ingredients for chosen sandwich to a sliced keto bread roll.
Other Keto Sandwich Ideas:
- Chicken Club Sandwich Lettuce Wrap, by SkinnyTaste
- Skinny BLT Avocado Wrap, by Clean Food Crush
- Low Carb Burgers, by The Pioneer Woman
This is something I need to try
Sophie Messina says
I was already in love with your keto bread rolls so thank you for this extra recipe! Love every single one of those fillings you suggest!
Michelle- you saved me! No Kidding. I’ve been looking for a low-carb bread and every recipe that i tried or even store bought, the texture was all wrong. I just couldn’t force myself to eat it. Until i found this recipe on Pinterest. I made my way to your blog and I’ll definitely try other recipes.
Michelle Miller says
So glad to hear that, Dian! This is the best one I’ve had also. Thanks for letting me know!